Sunday, May 8, 2011

Day 47. Dreaming of sliced turkey and pretzels. (Don't ask)

The art show was great fun.  It was really an honor to be presenting my artwork along with such accomplished, talented fellow artists.  


People seemed to gravitate towards my altered book, because it was an interactive experience for them.  They also loved my pottery pieces!


I was very happy with how everything turned out.


The only difficult thing was that there was a bunch of food out for everyone to eat...except me.


My whole family came to support me which was very nice.
 I did some whimsical work on the background I started yesterday - not really sure where I'm going with this, but it's a start.
 I decided I wanted some text in this painting, so I cut out the letters: I CAN FEEL THE RAINDROPS, BUT I'M OKAY.
 There are two quotes I've been thinking about a lot lately that I want to use as inspiration for my artwork:
Follow your bliss and the universe will open doors for you where there were only walls. - Joseph Campbell





When you have come to the edge Of all light that you know And are about to drop off into the darkness Of the unknown, Faith is knowing One of two things will happen: There will be something solid to stand on or You will be taught to fly - Patrick Overton


I have one more morning to cook for everyone who is coming over after the art show tonight - my brother and his fiance, and some family friends.  The first thing I made was some good old guacamole.


 Then some chocolate cookies...
 Apple Streusel Muffins...
 Pumpkin Waffles with Apple Cider Syrup...
 Homemade Tortilla chips to go the all the dips I've made!!!  I made the flour tortilla recipe, fried them on the crepe maker, spritzed them with cooking spray, cut them into triangles, and baked them in the oven for 10 minutes at 350.  I made sure to spice them with cumin, paprika and other yummy mexican spices.
 Corn Muffins...
 The best, easiest, most fun cinnamon-pecan rolls to make.  They turn out so beautiful every time.
 And to go along with the minestrone (weird combination I know!) PAD THAI with shrimp, tofu, and vegetables.  This made enough to feed an army!
 For mom, spinach crepes with a side of goat cheese.
I'm excited to have company over today, even though I won't be able to eat anything I've cooked.  Food is such an integral part of having a social life.  I miss having big meals with my family.  I want all of those basic human rights and needs back and I know someday (hopefully soon) I will.  My fistula output decreased slightly last night, so I'll take any kind of optimism I can get and hold onto it like it's all I have.  Because it is all I have.  Without food, what is there?Recipe Link

No comments:

Post a Comment