Friday, June 26, 2015

Gratitude Takes Guts.

Friday!

“For just one second, look at your life and see how perfect it is. Stop looking for the next secret door that is going to lead you to your real life. Stop waiting. This is it: there’s nothing else. It’s here, and you’d better decide to enjoy it or you’re going to be miserable wherever you go, for the rest of your life, forever.” ~Lev Grossman


Hey everyone...in case you haven't read me blabbing on about it, I'm getting married tomorrow.

(Shameless plug - hey it's my blog - check out my Etsy shop and buy things to support the charity of Amy and Brandon wanting to go on a honeymoon...just kidding.  Just check out my art.  It's fun - more stuff on my gallery!.)

I am extremely excited.
 
And pensive.
 
Sad.
 
Nostalgic.


Looking forward.
 
Optimistic
 
Anxious
 
Thankful


And feeling.

 
Nothing had to happen this way.  I didn't have to make a dating profile - especially since I was still on IVs and stuffed with gauze.
 
I didn't have to get a 27th elective surgery that has still made me a medical catastrophe.
 
I didn't have to have an amazing family who literally slept in the ICU with me for months.
 
I didn't have to force myself to keep going.
 
But I did have to.  Because even when I hated my life...
 
I liked being alive.
 
Even when it felt awful.

And so now I'm getting married.
 
And it feels so happy-like...
 
...to be excited for something...
Almost as exciting as it was tap-dancing at the Apollo theatre :)

...something that no one can predict or know how the journey will go...
 
but just that it is.
 
I don't always feel good.
 
But it feels good...


 ...to be here now.
 
And that is what I think gratitude means.

“Do your little bit of good where you are; it’s those little bits of good put together that overwhelm the world.” ~Desmond Tutu
 
What does gratitude mean to you?
Before I go...
This post is in honor of my grandparents.

You can read more about my grandmother's miracles in my life and with me tomorrow, I know, HERE. 

love you, grandma & grandpa
 


4 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing at the Pinterest Love Weekend Pin-It Party :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. how much I love this special posting filled with such color and creativity-just like your wedding was xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for sharing at #HomeMattersParty. Hope you'll join us again.

    ReplyDelete